About the Friends
Friends of the Library groups are independent, non-profit, volunteer organizations that sponsor fundraising and other activities on behalf of their local libraries. That defines us for legal and tax purposes, but what does it really mean?
Friends are local folks who support their library with their donations of time and money. Through their generosity and willingness to lend a helping hand (think book sale!), in the past years the Friends have:
- Funded the large print and audio book collection
- Funded the license fees for Pronunciator language learning software and for Ancestry Library a family history research database
- Offered genealogical research assistance
- Decorated the library for the holiday season
- Gave the library a good spring cleaning
- Funded and provided some of the labor for the renovation of the Community Room and library entryway
- Built and maintain two Little Free Libraries in the community
If you’d like to learn more about the Friends, stop by a meeting or email us at email@example.com. Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month at 5:00pm in the Library’s lower level Community Meeting Room, unless otherwise listed.
2022 Friends of the Library meeting dates. Click on month for agenda.
January 25 – Remote meeting via Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom link
February 22 – Remote meeting via Zoom. See Zoom link in agenda.
March 22 – In-person or remote via Zoom. See Zoom link in agenda.
NO MEETING IN AUGUST
September 27 – This meeting will begin at 4:00pm
NO MEETING IN DECEMBER
2022 Special Dates
ANNUAL BOOK SALE
August 6 & 7
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY GALA
December 10 (tentative)
Join the Friends or Renew your Membership
Form coming soon
Donate to the Friends
Donate by PayPal (coming soon)
Mail a check to:
Friends of the Library
PO Box 340
Suttons Bay, MI, 49682