PLEASE SEE CURRENT FAQs FOR SERVICE UPDATES DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS
About the Friends
Friends of the Library groups are independent, non-profit, volunteer organizations that sponsor fundraising and other activities on behalf of their local libraries. That defines us for legal and tax purposes, but what does it really mean?
Friends are local folks who support their library with their donations of time and money. Through their generosity and willingness to lend a helping hand (think book sale!), in the past years the Friends have:
- Funded the large print and audio book collection
- Funded the license fees for Pronunciator language learning software and for Ancestry Library a family history research database
- Offered genealogical research assistance
- Decorated the library for the holiday season
- Gave the library a good spring cleaning
- Funded and provided some of the labor for the renovation of the Community Room and library entryway
- Built and maintain two Little Free Libraries in the community
If you’d like to learn more about the Friends, stop by a meeting or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month at 5:00pm in the library’s community room, unless otherwise listed.
2021 Friends of the Library meeting dates. Click on month for agenda.
THE FRIENDS WILL MEET ON AN ‘AS NEEDED’ BASIS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Remote meeting via Zoom due to COVID-19 pandemic safety recommendations
Meeting ID: 865 0647 8192
Phone: 312 626 6799 or 646 558 8656
If you would like to donate as a Friend of the Library, please mail a check to:
Friends of the Library
PO Box 340
Suttons Bay, MI, 49682