Friends of the Library groups are independent, non-profit, volunteer organizations that sponsor fundraising and other activities on behalf of their local libraries. That defines us for legal and tax purposes, but what does it really mean?
Friends are local folks who support their library with their donations of time and money. Through their generosity and willingness to lend a helping hand (think book sale!), in the past years the Friends have:
- Funded the large print and audio book collection
- Funded the license fees for Pronunciator language learning software and for Ancestry Library a family history research database
- Offered genealogical research assistance
- Decorated the library for the holiday season
- Gave the library a good spring cleaning
- Funded and provided some of the labor for the renovation of the Community Room and library entryway
We’ve probably missed some things, but this should give you an idea as to what we do. We are more than “the book sale people” and invite you to our monthly meeting on the fourth Wednesday of every month at 6:30pm right at the library. New faces are always welcome!
If you’d like to learn more about the Friends, stop by a meeting on the third Tuesday of the month at 5:00pm right in the library or click here to email the Friends. If you would like to donate as a Friend of the Library, please mail a check to:
Friends of the Library
PO Box 340
Suttons Bay, MI, 49682