About the Friends
Friends of the Library groups are independent, non-profit, volunteer organizations that sponsor fundraising and other activities on behalf of their local libraries. That defines us for legal and tax purposes, but what does it really mean?
Friends are local folks who support their library with their donations of time and money. Through their generosity and willingness to lend a helping hand (think book sale!), in the past years the Friends have:
- Funded the large print and audio book collection
- Funded the license fees for Pronunciator language learning software and for Ancestry Library a family history research database
- Offered genealogical research assistance
- Decorated the library for the holiday season
- Gave the library a good spring cleaning
- Funded and provided some of the labor for the renovation of the Community Room and library entryway
- Built and maintain two Little Free Libraries in the community
If you’d like to learn more about the Friends, stop by a meeting or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month at 5:00pm in the Library’s lower level Community Meeting Room, unless otherwise listed.
2022 Friends of the Library meeting dates. Click on month for agenda.
January 25 – Remote meeting via Zoom. Email email@example.com for Zoom link
February 22 – Remote meeting via Zoom. See Zoom link in agenda.
March 22 – In-person or remote via Zoom. See Zoom link in agenda.
No Meeting in December
Special Dates in 2022
August 6 & 7
FREINDS OF THE LIBRARY GALA (tentative)
If you would like to donate as a Friend of the Library, please mail a check to:
Friends of the Library
PO Box 340
Suttons Bay, MI, 49682