Friends of the Library groups are independent, non-profit, volunteer organizations that sponsor fundraising and other activities on behalf of their local libraries. That defines us for legal and tax purposes, but what does it really mean?
Friends are local folks who support their library with their donations of time and money. Through their generosity and willingness to lend a helping hand (think book sale!), in the past years the Friends have:
- Funded the large print and audio book collection
- Funded the license fees for Pronunciator language learning software and for Ancestry Library a family history research database
- Offered genealogical research assistance
- Decorated the library for the holiday season
- Gave the library a good spring cleaning
- Funded and provided some of the labor for the renovation of the Community Room and library entryway
If you’d like to learn more about the Friends, stop by a meeting or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month at 5:00pm in the library’s community room, unless otherwise listed.
2020 Friends of the Library meeting dates; click on month for agenda:
March 24 (canceled)
April 26 (canceled)
May 26 (remote meeting)
June 23 (remote meeting, election of officers)
July 28 (remote meeting)
August 25 (remote meeting) *Annual Book Sale is canceled for 2020
The Friends of the Library will meet on an ‘as needed’ basis for the remainder of 2020.
If you would like to donate as a Friend of the Library, please mail a check to:
Friends of the Library
PO Box 340
Suttons Bay, MI, 49682